Saturday, November 9, 2013

Pros. & Cons. of Continuing Your Education After High School

I thought about doing this post after I came to the conclusion that college/ university is actually worth the effort. Now I know school isn't for everyone, but if you have the option to continue your education after high school or don't know what you want to do with your life, then I highly suggest attending some sort of college/ university/ trade school, etc. Simply put, below are my reasons for why I feel this way.

Pros.
1. learn a wide range of subjects
2. different perspective on life
3. preparation for future career
4. more free time (if you schedule your time wisely)
5. taste of independence and responsibility
6. learn more about yourself (i.e. interests) by doing things out of your comfort zone
7. chance to make money (i.e. job on campus or refund)
8. make new (lifelong) friends
9. fresh air and "exercise" (by walking ;) on campus

Cons.
1. expensive
2. time-consuming
3. will feel boring/ pointless sometimes
4. concerned about safety

For anyone currently in any sort of school, hang in there. I know it may feel like torture sometimes, but one day, you will miss (some of) your past experiences. You will look back on these days and smile/ laugh at the good times and memories you had. Just a reminder to myself and others to stop complaining and start enjoying.

I'm sure there are more reasons than what I have listed here, so let me know what you think in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment