Wednesday, August 27, 2014

NatureBox vs. Graze box


For the past few months, I've been looking into boxed food subscriptions to take as snacks to college. So far, I have tried out 2 and I wanted to share my thoughts on some of the snacks and the boxes overall.

Nature Box
Nature Box comes nicely packaged. It did however, take about 2 weeks to come to my place from California. I like how Nature Box has dietary needs such as vegan, nut free, milk free, etc. Because you can choose the option where you can pick your snacks yourself vs. it being a surprise, checking off your dietary needs helps in narrowing down snacks you would actually eat.

 
 
Acai Berry Crunch
This was my favorite snack out of the 5 I chose. It was not to sweet or lacking taste and they were the right size (I will explain this below).  
 
 
Whole Wheat Blueberry Figgy Bars
This was my second favorite snack from my Nature Box. I love (granola) bars and blueberries, so putting the 2 in 1 was great! I can't remember, but I think 3-5 came individually wrapped in the orange bag, making it even easier to carry out.  
 
 
Chia Seed Crackers
This was my least favorite snack. I couldn't stand the smell of it, but my sister loved it so I gave it to her! I realized if you don't like a snack, the bag is kind of a waste, but the opposite is also true. You could also have a snack that you love and get a good amount of it to enjoy :)
 

Antioxidant Boost and Tropical Trail Mix
There were a few pieces that I liked in these assortments, like raisins and cashews. I chose to get mixes and realized I won't be doing that anymore because the many different "pieces" together didn't taste good in my opinion and eating them separately took forever! It sounds silly, but I don't want to spend 10+ minutes eating a bag of snacks.
 
Try Nature Box Yourself
I received a $20 box worth of food (expensive for 5 bags) for $10 thanks to a code I used. If you would like to try out some snacks from Nature Box, use this code to receive 50% off your 1st box!
 
*****

Graze
This box is more affordable (nibble box is $6.00 each) and came to my home in about a week. Unlike Nature Box where you can choose the exact snacks you want, on Graze, you either set snacks to try, trash, like, or love. From all the snacks in your tries list (and maybe your like and love list), Graze will send you 4. Like Nature Box, Graze also has dietary preferences like requires a microwave, spicy food, unsuitable for vegans, contains nuts, etc. I don't remember much about each specific snack since I tried these months ago, so I am sorry for the lack of details.

 
The packaging is really sleek and small enough to carry around. I took 1 snack a day to work (in addition to other food) because the amount in each of the 4 snacks is small in comparison to Nature Box. 
 
 
 
I liked these "bar" style Fruit and Seed Flapjacks.

I liked the breadsticks in the Herby Bread Basket.

I  wasn't a fan of the dried bananas in the Triple Berry Smoothie.
 
I realized I don't like walnuts thanks to Rock the Casbah. Seeds aren't my favorites either. Disliked this the most from all 4.
 
Try Graze Yourself
You can get your 1st and 5th Graze boxes free when you join here :)
 
Final Thoughts
I think both Graze and Nature Box are good for different reasons. If you want to spend the extra money on snacks or want big bags, try Nature Box. If you are on a budget or don't mind smaller snacks, try Graze. If you are signing up with the links provided, make sure you check to see if you got the correct offers. Either one would make a nice addition to snacks for school/ college.
 
*****
 
Love with Food
I recently ordered a free box of Love with Food to try out, so once I get that inshAllah I will do a similar post on it. For now, if you would like to take advantage of the free offer from Love with Food, please join here!

No comments:

Post a Comment