Sunday, January 6, 2013

Cosmo 2012 Voxbox Product Reviews

I gave myself a month to try out the free products I got from Influenster for testing purposes. Hope this helps :)

First of all, the products in the Cosmo 2012 VoxBox included (according to the info. card that was inside):
1. FriXion by Pilot Pen ($4.50 for a 3 pack, $11.00 for 8 pack)
2. Forever Red Eau de Parfume Exclusively @ Bath and Body Works ($10.00 for .25 fl oz./ 7ml., $44.50 for full size)
3. Ghirardelli Gourmet milk Sea Salt Escape: $2.79
4. Venus $3.50-$4.50/month for blade refills
    Gillette Venus Embrace (refill)
    Venus & Olay Razor

 
I received a black and purple FriXion pen in my box. These were one of the most useful things in this box for me. I love that they are gel ink and erasable, so it is great for journaling without having to cross out all over the page :) Honestly, the pens are a little light, like the black. I compared it to another gel ink pen I got from Walgreens to show you all the difference (see picture below). I wish that another pen, like in blue ink, was included to make a pack of 3 for $4.50. Overall, these two pens aren't bad and I will get good use out of them. If you want to try a pack, check out Pilot FriXion Ball Pen, Erasable Gel Ink, Fine Point, Assorted Colors 3 pack: Black, Blue, Red (FX7C3001)


 
When I first smelled Forever Red, it reminded me of other Bath and Body Works fragrance mists that I have. Forever Red isn't an exact copy of other scents but to me, it smells similar to Midnight Pomegranate, Secret Wonderland, Dark Kiss, and Black Amethyst. What I really didn't like about Forever Red is the strong scent. I don't like strong scents, and this is definitely strong for me. If you would like more info. on Forever Red, check out http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=17029796&cm_sp=FO-_-Body+%26+Bath-_-Forever+Red&cp=12586965.12587147

 
For religious reasons, I don't eat/consume alcohol or products that contain or are made with alcohol. According to http://www.muslimconsumergroup.com/search_results.html Ghirardelli uses natural vanilla which is extracted with alcohol. So, I did not eat this.

 
Finally, the Venus razor and refill. This was the second useful product in the box for me. Even though I prefer using creams for painless hair removal, I tried this razor and liked that it was really moisturizing and made for a clean shave. The rubber grip on the handle was also helpful for control. The price of the razor wasn't mentioned on the card, but seeing it advertised elsewhere, the razor runs around $8-$10. If you want to try out this razor, check out Gillette Venus Embrace Womens Razor, 1 Razor 2 Razor Refill Cartridges Kit From the 2 refills that were given, my favorite one was...

No comments:

Post a Comment